2023 ROOKIE TACKLE FOOTBALL FOR 1ST - 3RD GRADE PLAYERS
Registration Fee: $225
Uniform will be an additional charge - more information to come!
- Practices begin the week of July 31st and games will begin on August 28th and go until mid-November.
- There will be 2 practices per week and games are on Saturday.
- Games will be played in the Denver metro area.
FEATURES OF THE RFL:
- 8 players vs. 8 players
- Rosters are limited to 16 players
- Equal play is required
- No Special Teams play, kick-offs or punts!
- Play on a 60 yard by 40-yard field (same as 4th grade)
- 1st & 2nd graders play 20 plays per quarter
- 3rd graders play 22 plays per quarter
- Coaches on the field for both offense and defense
- NO Blitzing allowed
- FULL RUN AND PASS OFFENSE ALLOWED
The elimination of Special Teams play improves the safety of the game by removing the potential of long runs with two players colliding at high speed for the tackle. The establishment of equal play provides the best possible development aspect for players new to tackle football. In fact: our AYL RFL requires the specific players must play an entire quarter, both as offense and defense before any substitutions are allowed! More repetition in actual game plays helps to advance specific skill development in all positions of the game.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE WANTING THE 1ST-3RD GRADE ROOKIE FOOTBALL BEFORE CLICKING REGISTER
In Grades: 1 to 3 for 2022-23 School year