- Tackle football is for children entering 1st - 8th grade.
- Teams are fielded by GRADE and SKILL, not AGE
- Off-season Conditioning can begin May 1, 2020
- Full weekly practices will potentially begin July 27, 2020
- 2nd - 6th grade teams practice 3 nights per week for 2 hours a night
- 7th & 8th grade teams practice 4 nights per week for 2 hours a night
- Games potentially begin August August 22, 2020
- 7th - 8th grade teams play on a regulation 100 yard field
- 5th - 6th grade teams play on an 80 yard field
- 2nd - 4th grade teams play on a 60 yard field
- The regular season runs 9 weeks (8 games) and games are played on Saturdays
- Required Equipment:
- White Helmet
- Black Face Mask
- Black Chin strap/guard
- Shoulder Pads
- Athletic Supporter and Cup
- Mouth guard (NOT clear, must be a color)
- Practice Jersey & Pants
- Game Day Uniform is separate and will be handled by 5280 Sports.
- Home and Away Jersey
- Game Day Pants - Black or White (ask your coach)
- Team Fees
- These cover costs that may be incurred by the team (see team manager for specifics).
- Team fees are capped at $75 for 1st-7th grade teams.
- 8th Grade Team Fees are set by the team.
- Mandatory Weigh-Ins August 2020, specific date/times will be added to team calendars when available
- Required Documentation to be given to your team manager prior to July 18, 2020
- Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Current Physical (must extend through October 2020. If it expires during the season a new physical MUST be provided to the SJSA office prior to the player returning to practice).
- Proof of Grade - A copy of their 2019/20 Report Card is sufficient.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL CLICK TO REGISTER!